Disposing of Refuse
All items that are not recyclable or greenwaste should be placed in the black container. Do not place liquids or hazardous waste in any container.
Tips for Residents
When disposing of residential refuse keep the following in mind:
- Be sure to use only the containers provided, materials in other containers or on the side will not be collected.
- Do not place containers behind cars or one behind the other containers.
- Place containers on the curb by 6:00 am and remove empty containers by 10:00 pm.
- Place your containers near the corner of your driveway on the curb, or at the edge of the street for those streets that have no curbs, with the arrows on top of the lid pointing toward the street.
- The container(s) need to be placed at least three feet away from any obstructions such as fences, lamp posts, or vehicles.
- Please do not place your containers in front of the mailbox.
- There must be at least one foot of space between each automated container.
- Refrain from parking in the street on collection day
- Trash is picked up once a week