HEMET, CA – Hemet Fire Department will reopen Simpson Park effective December 12, 2018 at 0800 hours.
The HFD takes these actions in concert with Riverside County (Cal Fire) which has initiated similar actions at seven hazardous fire areas:
• Avery Canyon (Gibbel Road east of State Street in Hemet)
• North Mountain and Indian Canyon (San Jacinto area)
• Whitewater Canyon (Cabazon, north of Palm Springs)
• Nuevo/Lakeview (east of Menifee Road and San Jacinto Avenue)
• Minto (Sage) • Reinhardt Canyon (north of Highway 74 and California Avenue in Hemet)
• Ramona Bowl and Bautista Canyon (southeast Hemet)
The closure of the park was necessitated due to extreme fire conditions experienced over the last several months in the Region and locally in our Valley – recent rainfall has lessened the fire threat affording the City of Hemet the opportunity to re-open Simpson Park for our community’s enjoyment - we apologize for the inconvenience.
“Your Hemet Fire Department remains committed to keeping our community safe from the threat of wildfire.“
Fire Chief Scott Brown