Traffic Accident Reports are now available ON-LINE!
The Hemet Police Records Bureau enters, copies, logs, and maintains all written and computerized products such as:
- Officer Reports
- Incident Reports
- Arrest Reports
- Juvenile Detention Logs
- Traffic Collision Reports
- Pawn Notifications
- Bicycle Licensing
- Vehicle Repo Reports
- Alarm Permits
- and much more.
The Records Bureau is staffed by four full-time employees. It is supplemented by one part-time employee and several specially trained police volunteers. The bureau is supervised by Public Safety Support Services Manager Dale Digiambattista (email Dale Digiambattista).
State law restricts the release of police reports and the Hemet Police Department follows these mandates to the letter. Despite common belief, most reports are NOT legally available to the general public. However, some are available to specific people.
Please call records at 951 765-2410 to confirm if the report you are requesting can be released to you before making the trip. Government Photo ID is required for any report release. Traffic Collision reports may be requested on-line which will save you the hassle of standing in line.
Payment for released reports can be made with credit/debit card, cash, business check (NO personal checks), or money order.
The following are general guidelines and are not meant to be all-inclusive:
- Traffic Collision Reports: Driver(s), Owner(s), INJURED Passengers, Insurance Companies, DAMAGED Property Owner(s) only. $15.00 - $32.00
- Incident Reports: Reporting Party only. $5.00
- Arrest Reports: Listed Victim only in many (but not all) cases. Arrested person is NOT able to get copy from Police Records. Arrested person must go through District Attorney, Public Defender, or Private Attorney’s office for a copy. $10.00 - $32.00
- Juvenile-Related Reports: Generally NOT available.
- Vehicle Repo Reports: Involved Party / Business. $17.00
- VIN Verification: $37.00 (required form provided by DMV).
- Vehicle Impound / Storage Release: $200.00 (view more information)
- Burglary / Theft / Property Crime Reports: Listed Victim only. $10.00
- Statistics Reports: Specific Address & Date / Time Only. Undefined requests will be denied. $8.00
- Citation Sign-Offs: City Residents AND Hemet PD Citation: No Charge. All others: $26.00
The City of Hemet Municipal Code requires residents and businesses with alarm systems to have a valid alarm permit. Please Apply for an alarm permit, make a payment, and to get additional information in regard to alarm permits.
The City of Hemet Municipal Code requires residents maintain current licenses for pets. Licenses are available at the Ramona Humane Society, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. 690 Humane Way, San Jacinto. 951 487-6565